I organized Tłusty czwartek events in Tokyo and Warsaw for 5 times.
For my events, I made some original/innovative(^^” ) Pączki.
Pączki with Matcha cream is the most popular, so I show the recipe 🙂
Egg yolk: 3
Matcha powder: 12g
1. Shift Flour and Matcha powder together.
2. In a bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar to combine.
3. Shif ① into ② and mix well.
4. Pour lukewarm milk little by little into ③ so as avoid clumping.
5. Strain it through a strainer
6. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil (around 20 to 25 minutes)
7. Set pan in larger pan of ice water to cool quickly.
Press piece of plastic wrap onto surface of pastry cream to prevent a skin from forming.
Cool to room temperature.
8. Keep it in the refrigerator.
After cool down, if you think;
cream is too soft, you can re-heat.
cream is too thick, you can add milk and re-heat.
Recipe of Ciasto na pączki will be uploaded soon.
Or you can see Japanese version now.